THREE for ONE
ONLINE 40 DAY FITNESS CHALLENGE
Coming your way September 1st 2017!
STAY TUNED or SIGN UP!
"GO TO" TRAVEL WORKOUT
INTENSITY: Light to Medium
- 10 minute walk/jog warm-up
- LEGS: 3X16 prisoner squats / 3X16e side lunges
- ARMS: 2-3 X 10 Push-ups w/12 Mountain Climbers
- ABS: Straight legs and straight arms sit-ups
- STAIRS: if you find a set of stairs, go up and down for 2 minutes without stopping. Run or walk 4-8 sets.
- ARMS: 3 X 16 Bicep curls with resistance bands or dumb-bells if available combine it with lunges.
- Static Stretching 15 minutes
Not only do my clients and participants talk about lower back pain, I suffer from chronic back pain. Even my friends struggle with back pain (athletic or not). It's estimated that over 80% of Americans will experience back problems in their life time.
My chronic back pain started back in 2004 when picking up my daughter in 3 1/2" heels...Hey, I love my shoes! I was moving too fast, picked her up in an awkward position and the rest is history. I stood at nearly a 90 degree angle for weeks! So, I tell you...SEE A DOCTOR, learn ALL your options and talk to other back sufferers to help make the right decision to fit your lifestyle.
In the meantime, here are a 5 yoga poses to help keep your back flexible and healthy throughout the day. Hold each pose for 20 secs at a time and do each one 3-5 times each. Move into each pose slowly and breathe.