WATER WEDNESDAY WORKOUT:
- ZERO WATER FILTER CONTAINER / WATER
- FAVORITE TSHIRT AND SHORTS
- GOOD TRAINING SHOES
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- START WITH A COUPLE OF SIPS OF WATER (GETS THE BODY READY FOR A HARD WORKOUT)
- 10 MINUTE DYNAMIC WARMUP
- 5 SIPS OF WATER
- 30 MINUTES (MINIMUM) OF YOUR FAVORITE FITNESS ACTIVITY
- SMALL SIPS THROUGHOUT YOUR WORKOUT (EVERY 10 MINUTES)
- 10 MINUTE COOL DOWN
- SLOWLY START DRINKING MORE WATER
- SMILE ON YOUR FACE
- KEEP DRINKING TO LOWER BODY TEMPERATURE
"GO TO" TRAVEL WORKOUT
INTENSITY: Light to Medium
- 10 minute walk/jog warm-up
- LEGS: 3X16 prisoner squats / 3X16e side lunges
- ARMS: 2-3 X 10 Push-ups w/12 Mountain Climbers
- ABS: Straight legs and straight arms sit-ups
- STAIRS: if you find a set of stairs, go up and down for 2 minutes without stopping. Run or walk 4-8 sets.
- ARMS: 3 X 16 Bicep curls with resistance bands or dumb-bells if available combine it with lunges.
- Static Stretching 15 minutes
Grab the other soccer moms and start moving.
Find an area where you can still watch your kids workout while you exercise. This will not only motivate you but your kids will work harder watching you workout!
- Make sure you have water!
- Wear comfortable workout clothing.
- Wear easy to wear training sneakers.
- After each exercise walk or jog approximately 50 meters.
- Workout at your own pace.
- After each set rest for 60 seconds before hitting the next set.
- When the workout is complete drink water and stretch.
WHAT YOU ARE WORKING OUT!
WALKING and RUNNING- builds endurance and warms up the body for a great workout.
PUSH UPS- workout your shoulders, biceps, triceps and chest.
PRISONER SQUATS- builds a strong butt and thighs.
TRICEP DIPS- strengthens your shoulders and triceps.
LUNGES- great for your glutes, calf muscles, quadriceps and hamstrings.
MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS- builds a strong core
STRENGTH TRAINING / 3 exercises - 4 sets each - 10-12 times
Use light to heavy hand weights. Stretch before and after each workout.
EXERCISE 01 (Day 1): Squats / Bicep Curl w/overhead press / Jack-knifes / CHALLENGE 3 - 20 second planks
EXERCISE 02 (Day 2): 20 minute walk OR 2 mile run
EXERCISE 03 (Day 3...): Push-ups / Tri-cep Kickbacks / Lunges / CHALLENGE 3 - 25 second planks
EXERCISE 04: 20 minute walk OR 2 mile run
EXERCISE 05: Mountain Climbers (30 secs each) / Chest Press / Jump Squats / CHALLENGE 3 - 25 second planks
EXERCISE 06: REST
EXERCISE 07: Hike, Bike and have active fun - 1 hour
Not only do my clients and participants talk about lower back pain, I suffer from chronic back pain. Even my friends struggle with back pain (athletic or not). It's estimated that over 80% of Americans will experience back problems in their life time.
My chronic back pain started back in 2004 when picking up my daughter in 3 1/2" heels...Hey, I love my shoes! I was moving too fast, picked her up in an awkward position and the rest is history. I stood at nearly a 90 degree angle for weeks! So, I tell you...SEE A DOCTOR, learn ALL your options and talk to other back sufferers to help make the right decision to fit your lifestyle.
In the meantime, here are a 5 yoga poses to help keep your back flexible and healthy throughout the day. Hold each pose for 20 secs at a time and do each one 3-5 times each. Move into each pose slowly and breathe.