Our minds are very powerful. Did you know, according to experts, the average person experiences 50,000-70,000 thoughts per day? That's A LOT of thoughts going on in that little muscle we called "the brain". No matter who we are, thoughts are moving and grooving in our heads 24/7 and if we don't get a grip on our thoughts, our thoughts will get a grip on us.
So, let's train the brain to stay positive, focused and under control.
Here are 5 things that I do that might help you keep your mind on track:
- Pray/Meditate. Prayer is a huge part of my daily routine. The things I try to accomplish on a daily basis are always bigger than myself and prayer grounds me. If you are not a big believer in prayer, meditation is another great way to recenter your thoughts and focus on what's important.
- Surround Yourself with Encouraging People. One thing that I am blessed to have right now are encouraging people in my life. The daily "throws of life" can knock a girl down and it's great to have a team push you back in the ring.
- Exercise. Moving your body is a GREAT way to keep the mind STRONG. Focusing on a nice long run, throwing around some heavy weights, participating in a group fitness class you love or simply getting in a brisk walk is a perfect way to relieve stress and organize your thoughts.
- Create. Paint, draw or start a new home project. Write. Cook. Take photos. Creativity comes in various forms. Creativity keep your mind on something new and interesting.
- Laugh. I LOVE comedy. Great comedians are smart and creative storytellers. They have a way of sharing stories that make you laugh and think of things in a completely different way. When you are laughing, there is not much room for negative thoughts.
Always talk to a accredited therapist or mental specialist for more information.