It is San Diego's Restaurant Week! When it comes to picking "the restaurant" I go to my friend Jess and she never disappoints. Here are her top picks to keep you on a healthy eating regiment and not add too many calories or fatty temptations to your plate.
- Located in the heart of Little Italy SD. Offering plant based meals and healthy options.
- Suggested Order: Green tea matcha latte with almond milk (hot) & the bountiful/quinoa shells which is actually featured in the dinner prix fixe menu.
- One of UTC’s newest spots in town has a great lunch and dinner menu going on this week. If you haven’t heard of Red O wait no more. Red O offers a Mexican cuisine but not the type of Mexican food that you regret eating because you are so FULL.
- Suggested order: taco salad + chicken or fish, enchiladas suizas, and you MUST get the passion fruit butter cake.
- If you want real traditional, quality sushi you must go to Nobu. The best time to go is THIS WEEK because you will get a lot more money.
- Suggested order: Yellowtail sashimi (on prix fixe), cauliflower, black cod- they have the best cod I’ve ever had! Melts in your mouth!
- Nothing like a traditional steakhouse. Good ol Ruth’s never disappoints. The consistency in the food and service is top notch. They offer a great deal this week, $50 only without alcohol!
- Suggested order: Ahi tuna, chopped salad, 6oz steak OR the Korean bbq salmon which has a lot of flavor.