In the past 2 years, my life has completely changed due to a divorce and one girl off to college. In my head, I understand that change happens but when it's quick, harsh and life changing it can definitely blindside you. For me, it was like ripping a band-aid off an open sore that was too big for the band-aid to begin with. OUCH!
Well, I made it to the other side, so-to-speak, and there were three things that got me through it all...running, yoga and meditation, in that order. When I heard about this Wanderlust event, I signed up right away! This is one triathlon I will definitely participate in!
I am excited to meet new people, see new faces and learn from each experience. You can register today at WANDERLUST-SanDiego . It's easy and there are various packages you can purchase that fit your budget. Wanderlust is happening on Saturday, April 14th starting at 7:30AM.
Running. I have been running for nearly 30+ years and one thing I know for sure, running is therapy.
- Running has helped me organize thoughts, ideas and situations in my life.
- Running has fueled my self-confidence.
- Running has also kept me from doing or saying things that I would regret later...for the most part.
- All-in-all, running has kept me in the best shape of my life before, during and after children.
Yoga. I have been doing yoga off and on for nearly 8 years. For me, yoga always comes around when I really need it.
- Hot yoga helps me focus on the present. I am so afraid I will not make it through the heat, I am paying close attention to how much my body can tolerate in 90+ degree temperature for more than an hour.
- Yoga keep me flexible. Yoga moves are the best moves to after a nice long run. Yoga is also know to relief back pain and prevent future injuries if done correctly.
- Yoga centers me. Yoga, mentally for me, is like running. Your brain tends to talk to your body and vice versa. Yoga centers my mind, body and soul. Running is very straight forward. Yoga is challenging and helps you embrace the functionality of the human body.
Meditation. I have been meditating for about a month or so now. Mediation is changing my life.
- My brother introduced me to meditation. I was skeptical but found an app that I use daily. 10% Happier by Dan Harris. You can do 5 minutes or try 60 minutes of meditation.
- Meditation calms the voices and running thoughts in my head. Voices and running thoughts are a consistent in my head. I have so many ideas, things I want to do and plans I am trying to make. Meditation helps me slow things down and find quiet, even for a few minutes.
- Meditation allows me to approach challenges differently. Now don't get me wrong, I can still get worked up over some things but not as much as I did a few months ago. I can't explain it but I hear something that would trigger a feeling and it's just not there any more. TRY MEDITATING no matter how busy you are.
Wanderlust has joined (RED) in the fight to end HIV/AIDS. For every Wanderlust 108 ticket sold, Wanderlust will donate $1.08 to The Global Fund to Fight AIDS. That donation is enough to provide 5+ days of life-saving HIV medication. Wanderlust is also offering attendees a WAN(DER)LUST Package featuring (RED) products and will donate a portion of the package proceeds to The Global Fund. Every purchase of a WAN(DER)LUST Package could provide 80+ days of life-saving HIV medication. Help us #endAIDS.