Quinoa is a great super-food that you can add to any meal that you already love. Quinoa is rich in protein, iron, fiber and magnesium. It's the perfect food for vegetarians and female athletes who need high protein and iron. I have learned to add quinoa to several meals that we already like and it really enhances the flavor and my girls always go back for seconds.
Here is an awesome salad recipe that fills you up and gets you going for the second half of the day. It's definitely a power salad. My oldest daughter loves to pack this salad in her lunch with half a sandwich. Try it!
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped kale
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup of previously cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup of chopped Roma tomato
- 1/2 of a small Hass avocado sliced
- 1/4 cup of chopped cucumber
- Alfalfa Sprouts (your desired amount)
- Optional: sliced boiled egg, chopped chicken or tuna
- Your favorite low-fat dressing
- Serves 1-2 people