Metabolism: the process by which your body converts what you eat and drink into energy.
The metabolic process is complicated but necessary for your body to release the right amount of energy to function properly. The larger the muscle mass, the more calories burned the higher the metabolism. Men usually have more muscle mass than women, so they will have a higher metabolism. The older people get the decrease in muscle mass will allow for a slower metabolism. But that doesn't have to be true. There are ways to "beat the system" so to speak and getting started RIGHT NOW. . .or after you read this post. . .is the best way to increase your metabolism!
Check out the list below and start boosting your metabolism right now!
1. Strength training 2-3 times a week. Hit the gym and pick up a few weights. Building lean muscle is a great way to burn calories, well after you have left the gym.
2. Aerobic training 4-6 times a week. Running, walking, cycling or a calorie burning aerobics class will do the trick.
3. Eating fresh, "rich in color" vegetables and lots of fruit. This is a great way to keep your body regulated and digest food more efficiently. Fruits and vegetables also increase your energy levels naturally.
4. Keep an active lifestyle at work. If you are behind a desk for most of the day, find ways to become more active. Walk E V E R Y W H E R E and move every 20 minutes at work.
5. Creating an active lifestyle. Don't get stuck in front of the "boob-tube" or your wireless device for 5 hours straight. Always move by running, hiking, cleaning, gardening and hanging out with other active friends.
Your metabolism doesn't have to be your story or excuse. You can increase it by changing your lifestyle and the way you see fitness. Make it fun and BOOST your metabolism!
It's WATER WEDNESDAY! Drink your water to also increase your metabolism!