Weight Loss Training 101

Weight loss is never easy and everyone has a reason why they are not in the shape they need to be in. I don't believe people are lazy or want to be overweight, I think things happen. . .life happens and food becomes a nice little comfort zone. It's a quick fix to feeling good and moving on. Some people do not have the time, the resources or even know where to start! But when a person is ready to make that change, it's really all or nothing at that point!

Take it from a skinny girl. . .JOKING. . .take it from a trainer who has seen results from ALL walks of life, weight loss training is hard but extremely beneficial! It takes patience and hard, crazy work. It's like learning to ride a bike; you will fall, you will get frustrated but once you find your rhythm it is ON and you are ready to change your life forever!

Weight loss training is the combination of cardio and strength training exercises. With this one-two punch combination, you burn calories while working out and long after you have left the gym. Cardio builds stronger lungs, a healthier heart and increases endurance. Strength training builds lean muscle mass, improves body alignment and when done properly prevents future injuries.

Of course, it doesn't stop there, exercise only constitutes to 20% of weight loss success while eating healthy is the other 80%! Yep, you it read correctly. . .it's all about what we put in our bodies that really makes a difference. Always remember, never eliminate carbs or proteins from your diet completely just because a FAD diet plan tells you to. That's why those diets are called FAD diets. . . they don't last! Talk to your doctor and local dietician to help plan your meals with the right amount of proteins, carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables. If you don't put the right gas in the car, it's not going to drive properly or last long past it's warranty!

I have been overweight 3 times in my life and extremely underweight more times than I can count because of stress, life and the abuse of food or lack there of. It doesn't matter what side of the spectrum you are on, you will round up in the hospital if you do not take care of your body.  If you are looking for more specific information on weight loss training that will work for you, I am here to answer any "general" questions you might have! Good luck and get moving.

Name *
Name

Nicol A Hodges

Nicol A. Hodges aka "Nic" is fitness professional (NASM, CPT/PES) and product designer living in San Diego, CA. Nicol's athletic background started in her hometown of St. Charles, MO where she earned her 400m state ranking 3 years in a row. Later, at the University of MO, Columbia she earned 8-Big 12 Track and Field titles and a championship title. Nicol currently continues her love for running by competing in local and national running events.