If you are looking to reshape your glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings and calf muscles you need to do lunges. I have to admit that lunges are not my favorite exercise but the benefits of having a great butt, shapely thighs and faster 5K times has me hooked!
Lunges not only help strengthen your legs but they also help improve overall balance, flexibility and core strength.
When performing lunges,
- Make sure your legs are shoulder width apart
- Next, take a nice step straight back from where your foot was placed under your shoulders.
- Move downward by bending knees at a 90 degree angle and finally
- Push up through your heels for full range of motion.
- stronger core
- improved flexibility
- better range of motion
- provides power when sprinting
- great looking glutes
- shapely thighs