For YEARS my only goal was to be as fit and awesome as Tina Turner. To me, she had the best body and legs I had ever seen on a woman 30 years my senior. Yet, being a rock star, singing and dancing in 3" heels on stage was NOT my idea of getting in shape and my singing might kill somebody!
Then I read about Ernestine Shepherd a couple of years back and saw a picture of her working out. At first, I thought, wow she's impressive but when I realized she was a little over 70 years old, slanging and banging weights in the gym, I suddenly had a brand new hero! Shepherd is now 74 years old and she is absolutely beautiful. Shepherd is also a personal trainer, professional model and competitive bodybuilder. Shepherd started exercising at the age of 56 and took up bodybuilding at 72!
Women of all ages are beginning to see the benefits of exercise and what it really means to be physically fit. With heart disease and cancer on the rise, women are fighting back, getting in better shape and staying strong. It only takes a minimum of 30 minutes of daily exercise to improve your health by 10% and exercise slows the aging process by working at your cellular level.
We may not be bodybuilders at 70 but we can start to improve our overall health and look younger right now with 6 easy "let's get started" steps listed below!
- DRINK 2-3 LITERS OF WATER EVERYDAY.
- FOR THE BEST RESULTS, EXERCISE 30 MINUTES TO 60 MINUTES DAILY / 5 DAYS PER WEEK (MED-HIGH INTENSITY).
- LIMIT YOUR ALCOHOL INTAKE AND DO NOT SMOKE.
- KEEP A POSITIVE MINDSET AND DO NOT ALLOW NEGATIVE IN YOUR LIFE.
- EAT A LOT OF RAW FRUITS AND VEGETABLES EVERYDAY. IT'S THE BEST WAY TO GET OUR VITAMINS AND MINERALS NATURALLY.
- PARTICIPATE IN ACTIVITIES THAT MAKE YOU HAPPY, FEEDS YOUR SOUL AND DO IT AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN.
Stay young, my friend.