I decided yesterday (February 22nd) while running with my group that I want to be physically as good as I was 4 years ago. Four years ago, I was training for a 5K, 10K, 1/2 marathon and later a full marathon to finish off the year. This year I would like to complete three 5Ks, one 10K, a half marathon and a Spartan race. The only way to do that is to physically get in the best shape of my life and at 44, that's going to be a challenge. I didn't say I couldn't do it, I said it would be a challenge. Why? In the past 2 1/2 years, it has taken me longer to recover and I am not as "restless" as I use to be. My cozy couch and warm bed call OUT my name E V E R Y D A Y. . .as soon as I hit the front door! But I digress. LOL! . . .sometimes. So, I have put together a plan to help me get back into the shape I want to be while working, being a wife/mom and still living my life to the fullest.
Here's my list, now. . .GO GET YOURS!
- Increase my caloric intake by 1500-2000 calories a day. With endurance training, you get to eat more!
- Run 2-3 miles 2-3 times a week starting at a comfortable pace. Just started today and felt GREAT!
- "Up" my functional training and later implement power training to get stronger.
- Workout with others that will help me stay on track and make me accountable.
- Make sure my exercises are a part of my lifestyle and not work for me. How? Follow a planned workout but do not stress if I do not reach the desired goal that day. Have fun with it and let the standard be set as I improve.
- What will you do to meet your fitness goals this year?