One way to stay motivated and meet your fitness goals would be to surround yourself with encouraging and like minded people. Unless you have an extremely blessed with SELF-will power and drive, it can be hard to stay focused and push through those tough times. If you don't know where to start with your fitness goals, start with the people around you and ask yourself a few questions.
- How do I feel when I am with "my people"? Am I ENcouraged or DIScouraged?
- Are "my people" happy to see me when I arrive?
- Do "my people" challenge me in a way that is positive and uplifting?
- Do "my people" respect my goals by doing things around me that will not only benefit themselves but me as well?
- When I leave, do I look forward to working out with them again?
Ask yourself these questions, start to build a solid foundation of "PEEPS" and push through your goals! If you can YES to 4 out of 5 of these questions. . .you are good to go (and you are encouraged). If you can say YES to 3 out of 5 (and you are encouraged), talk to your people and see if there can be adjustments. If you answer 3 or less to the questions above (and you are not encouraged). . .find some new friends! Good luck and remember, change doesn't always feel good but it is necessary.
"Hey, have a fantastic day and stay active!"