Being motivated is definitely fitness for the mind! There are days and/or weeks that can really knock you off your game and shake you a little bit. That's how my life has been in the past 2 weeks. Work has not been fun and life has completely taken a U-turn.
Did I let that define who I am?
Well. . .of course I did. . .for a couple of days (I'm human)! Maybe more but one thing I refused to do is let life pull me down. I started to put a list of things together that I knew would help me get through this tough time in my life. I've had rough patches before and didn't take action. Now, I am taking action and refusing to let anything or anyone bring me down.
Here is my list that I have been following and it's working. . .
- Get out and help others. By taking the focus off of myself and focusing on someone else's needs makes me feel good from the inside out.
- I registered for a 5K. I am excited to run again and this is a great JUMP START to a nice summer running season!
- Surround myself with good friends and family. People who will keep the conversation positive, funny and free from judgement.
- Play good music very LOUD. . .DAILY. I LOVE music and I LOVE RockMyRun mixes. It just makes the day go by with a little pep in your step!
- Even though being a fitness instructor is part of my job, it doesn't feel like it. My participants and I have a love/hate relationship! We love seeing each other but hate the pain of a GOOD WORKOUT! LOL! They always put a smile on my face.
So, that's my short list of things that's keeping me going. What will your list look like?