The advantage of living in San Diego is that you live in San Diego! The beaches are beautiful and it stretches for miles! You can leave work, head to the beach and suddenly you are on your own MINI vacation.
Needless to say, I made it to the beach with my girls Monday afternoon and not only did we have fun, we got a little workout in that made us laugh the entire time.
My youngest loves to boogie board while my oldest likes to complain about being at the beach for about 10 minutes and then heads to the water and collects rocks for the next 30 minutes. Teenagers! As for me, I like to chill for a bit before getting near the water or running around in the sand.
Here's a cool workout that you can do and it's not what you expect! So read carefully and you might want to get your iPhone or Android out for this one!
A FUN and UNORTHODOX BEACH WORKOUT!
1. Run 80 meters back and forth, 3 or 4 times along the beach, find the wet sand. (Warm up)
2. Jump in place up and down, for 20 seconds X3. If you are standing near the edge of the beach, you are jumping up and down when the water is coming your way! (Leg Workout)
3. Use a firm beach ball or soccer ball and throw the ball back and forth for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes throw it farther than your opponent so they can go run and get the darn thing! (Arm Workout)
4. Next, one person stand with the video camera phone while the other stands 30 meters in front...when you are ready RUN towards the person with the camera and do silly poses 5 times each! If you have SLOW-MOTION app on your camera, use it. . .the video turns out to be HILARIOUS! (Leg workout and Laughing workout!)
5. Then, find some dry sand and walk back and forth letting your feet sink deep into the sand. 6 X 50 meters. (Strengthens the feet, ankles and legs)
6. Last, grab your beach towel, rest and enjoy the sun and water for as long as your heart desires! (Meditating workout. . .hellooo!)