Today's word is DETERMINATION. This is the first word that comes to my mind when life or people feel the need to challenge me. I am sure that you have challenges in your life. A job, boss, co-worker, a workout, neighbor or even finances, job loss. . .the list could go on and on. Instead of letting the challenges of life hold you back or take a detour away from your goals, be determined to push through them and learn something new about yourself.
They say that not everyone has the "determination" quality and I just do not believe that. If you want something bad enough, you will find a way to get what you want. Of course, I am talking good and healthy determination where you are not harming anyone to make life easier for you. That's not determination. . .that's another blog post! Right?
I found a couple of definitions for the term "determination" that I really love. Check them out and write them down somewhere. Determination means "A firmness of purpose." or "A quality that makes you continue to try to do or achieve something that is difficult.".
Stay focused on what you want and do not let anyone pull you away from doing something you love. Here is a quick list to help you stay determined to get what you want out of life.
- Know your goals.
- Make a "to do" list to get closer to your goals.
- "DO" what's on the list whether you want to or not.
- Have confidence in yourself and stay positive.
- Reward yourself when you have accomplished each step to get closer to your goal.
- Live in the now and don't worry about past.
- Never give up and let negative people stand in your way.