It's that time of the year again when we are surrounded by mounds of candy. Thanks to Halloween, that mound of candy will last for several weeks. By the time the candy is gone...it's Thanksgiving. We eat to our heart's content, come out of that food coma two days later, hit Black Friday and then we move right into the Christmas holiday. There is so much food that you pass out after E V E R Y meal and the next thing you know...IT'S THE NEW YEAR! What? You know who you are!
Did you know that the average American gains 7-10 pounds between Thanksgiving and Christmas?
This time, it's not going to happen. Lets join the fight against the Holiday Food and Crazy Monster! That's what I will call it. Can you tell I just made that up? Let's DO IT!
We all tend to fall victim to it at some point and that's OK, we are only human. . .right? Well, here are a few tips that can help get through this Holiday Season starting right now. . .ah. . .OK, tomorrow, right after Halloween.
- Before you put your feet on the floor, meditate, pray and/or take in deep breaths. Tell yourself that you WILL have a GRREAT day and you will take on one task at a time.
- Wake up every morning knowing that you are going to workout. Even if you get a quick 20 minute walk in, you are moving and getting your heart rate up.
- Prepare a bag with all your workout stuff and keep it in your car. This is a fantastic reminder that you have to get it in! If you put that bag in the front seat next to you, you will feel committed to getting it done.
- Superset your Portion Control and Water Intake. I know that all that food looks DELICIOUS but watch how much you put on your plate. If you pile so much food on a plate that it could seriously damage your foot if you dropped it. . .that's too much! LOL! No more than a fist full of food for each food group and drink your water! Oh, note to self. . .Cheesecake is not a food group. Just say'n!
- Register for a holiday walk or run in your local community with friends and family. This will definitely keep you on your toes. You don't want to hit the pavement and crash right in front of peeps! Register and keep training.
- If anything, remember to love yourself, motivate yourself and know that you are doing this FOR YOU! This is a long term commitment towards a healthier lifestyle. If you do it right, you will never feel the pressure of doing anything wrong. So, stay committed to loving yourself by working out every day and eating the right food!
- But for now, enjoy your CANDY DAY and make sure you get some CARDIO in to burn all that sugar off so you can start your holiday season the right way!