"If the body is hurting and the mind is weak, remember that YOU want TO DO this!" -Champion Marathon Swimmer Diana Nyad
Finding the right motivation to get you started on your next workout can be tough. It's Monday, it's Thursday, it's too cold, it's too hot, I am backed up at work and the list goes on and on. You know what your excuse is and it's not helping you one bit.
We all need a little kick in the pants once in a while and why not start the kicking now! Here are a few things to think about to get you up and at'em!
1. How you will feel AFTER the workout. You might be sweaty and your hair is a mess but the feeling of finishing a good workout is a happy accomplishment.
2. Improve your health by 10% each time you workout. You will continue to get stronger and fight off most chronic diseases that American's are hit with daily by their doctors.
3. More working out. . .less visits to the doctor's office. Now, unless your doctor looks like David Beckham, there is no reason for you to have to see your doctor monthly. A workout a day can keep the doc away!
4. We love you. . . stick around! The more you workout, the more there is to love of you. You improve your health, you improve your heart and you improve/influence those around you. Keep improving, we like it!
5. FEEL HARD CORE! After this weekend, I had the privilege of riding along side my buddy Jim for an indoor-cycling charity event that lasted nearly 2 hours. . .working out for a cause can make you feel SO HARD CORE and ready to conquer the WORLD! Find a cause that you can workout for. . .see how you feel when you're done!
As soon as an excuse enters your mind, replace it with a workout plan. From walking to running, yoga to weight lifting. Set a goal, make a plan and get your fitness on!
What motivates YOU?