STRETCH THOSE KNEES
Prevent and Rehab knee injuries!
Are you a little weak in the knees? Let's stretch the muscles and tendons that support strong knees starting with your gastrocnemius, soleus muscle, IT Band and Quadriceps.
Below you will see simple static stretches that will prevent knee injury. Static stretching (holding the stretch for 15 counts or more) is a great way to stay flexible and prevent injury after every workout. Spend 10-20 minutes on the stretches below. Stretching is a crucial part of every workout, so don't skip it. . .get it in! #stayflexible
Ilitotibial Band Stretch
- Stand upright.
- Cross the injured leg behind the opposite leg.
- Lean to the non injured side until a stretch is felt across the outside of your thigh region.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Repeat 3-5 times.
- While standing, hold onto a counter
- top or chair back to assist in balance.
- Bend your knee back by grasping
- your ankle with one hand.
- Assist in bending your knee back as far as possible.
- Maintain this position for 30 seconds.
- Return to standing position repeat 5 times
- Sit on the floor with both legs out straight.
- Extend your arms and reach forward, bending at the waist as far as possible while keeping your knees straight.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds. Relax.
- Repeat this exercise 5 more times.
- Sit with your feet our in front of you.
- Hold one end of a sheet or towel in each hand, forming a loop.
- Place the loop around your foot.
- Pull your toes toward you.
- Stop when you feel a comfortable stretch in your calf muscle.
- Hold for 20 seconds, and repeat 5 more times.
- Switch legs and repeat.