- Girls on the Run program: girls in 3rd-5th grade and their families
- Girls on Track program: girls in 6th-8th grade and their families
- Program Facilitators: coaches, volunteers, women of all ages and their families
National Recognition for Girls on the Run®:
- Three 24-lesson curriculums teach life skills through group processing, running games and workouts. The three-part curriculum is taught by certified Girls on the Run® coaches and includes understanding ourselves, valuing teamwork and understanding how we connect with and shape the world at large.
- Girls choose and conduct a community service project
- At each season’s conclusion, the girls complete a 5k running event as a group
- Academic evaluations of the program show a statistically significant improvement in body image, eating attitudes and self-esteem
- Evidence also indicates an improved sense of identity and an increasingly active lifestyle for program participant.