. . .on NEGATIVE THOUGHTS!
Our minds are very powerful. As soon as we wake up in the morning, our heads are flooded with good and bad thoughts. No matter who we are or how much we have on our plates, thoughts are moving and grooving in our heads 24/7. If we don't get a grip on our thoughts, our thoughts will get a grip on us.
Controlling your thoughts is the same as controlling your healthy lifestyle. It's a muscle that has to be trained in order to stay positive, focused and move forward.
Now, I am no different than anyone else. I have thoughts that flood my head 24/7 and they are not always positive. So, there are a few things that work for me and I hope they can work for you.
Here are 5 things that I do daily to keep my mind in the right place and a smile on my face.
- Pray for Strength and sometimes a Miracle (Meditate). Prayer is a huge part of my daily routine. The things I try to accomplish on a daily basis are always bigger than myself and prayer helps me get through each and every challenge I face.
- Surround myself with Good and Positive People. One thing that I am blessed to have right now are very positive people. There are days I can be pretty low. Being a single mom, an aging athlete or dealing with daily hurdles at work...it can be like, Oi! But the people that surround me are extremely positive and it's hard to be in a bad mood when you are around people that make you feel good!
- Work it OUT!...EXERCISE. Moving your body is a GREAT way to keep your mind strong. Focusing on a nice long run, throwing around some heavy weights, participating in a group fitness class you love or simply getting in a brisk walk is a perfect way to relieve stress and organize your thoughts.
- Create and Build. Just like everyone says they are not an athlete but they do SOMETHING athletic. You may not think consider yourself an artist but you can create something. You can paint, draw or start on a project at home. Cooking is building. This helps keep your mind on something new and exciting.
- LAUGH! Right now, as I type this...I am listening to Kevin Hart in the background...laughing my BUTT off! For me, I LOVE good comedy. Good comedians are great story tellers and keep your mind moving throughout their skit. So there's not much room for negative thoughts when you are focusing on a great punch line!
STAY POSITIVE and leave Mr. Negative at the door, even if it's me from time to time. LOL!