What will motivate you to get up and start working out? There are so many men and women out there who truly believe that running, lifting weights and even yoga is a waste of time. They are too busy working, taking care of family or just ignoring the fact exercise is as important as breathing. The human body is built to move. Whether you believe in a higher power or not, scientifically and super naturally the body moving machine and in order to keep that body, you need to exercise.
I know, it's time to click the "X" button and move on to the next blog but take a few minutes to see what points will motivate you to move.
1) When you exercise you reduce the risk developing and illness or diseases that kill thousands of men and women everyday, from heart disease to cardiovascular disease. Whether you want to believe it or not, you are wanted. . . by your family, friends and buddies.
2) When you exercise you start to burn fat and gain muscle. When you gain muscle you start to protect tendons and bones that can be easily broken when not protected by muscle. Your waistline decreases in size and you start to see YOUR UNIQUE figure that everyone would love to see!
3) When you exercise and or run, you reduce your doctor visits! Now unless your doctor looks like David Beckham or Halle Berry then I understand your doctor visits but usually not. I don't like going to the doctor and when I go to get my yearly, it's now a competition with myself to see if I am more healthy this year than I was last year. That's not only less visits to the doctor but money in your pocket!
4) Did you know that exercise (especially running) can be therapeutic? When you get into a normal routine of exercise it can become a release to all your everyday stresses? You start to look forward to working out and it gives you a whole new focus on life and your body.
5) If you start to run (which is one of my favorite things to do) you start to develop strong runner's legs and a stronger core. It's one of the fastest ways to burn calories and lose weight.
I could go ON and ON but I think you've got the idea. Take a good look at yourself in the mirror and think about how you could increase your energy, reshape your body and move into a lifestyle that can only help you become healthier and more secure in who YOU are. Let's get moving!
I want to thank all the men and women who serve our country and to those Veteran's that have protected us in the past. Have a wonderful Veteran's day!
Congratulations to the Varsity Girls RB Cross Country Team for taking 1st place in the Co-League Cross Country Championship. Also, freshman_my daughter Nia. . .fantastic job on placing 8th place and making 1st team top 10 runners this weekend!