I pray a lot. When I am happy, sad and even upset...that's what keeps me going. It keeps a smile on my face and a hopeful heart in my body. Continue to grind, continue to pray and continue to live. Whether you know what your purpose is or if you have no idea, keep grinding because your path will definitely redefine and show you the way.
It's that time of the year again and everyone who knows everyone is coughing, sniffling, and sneezing! Whether it's the common cold, flu or something you never heard of...we've got it and it's time to fight it off!
Good Health Habits Can Help Stop Germs QUICK TIPS
1. AS AN ATHLETE, make sure if you are going to the gym on a consist basis that you clean the equipment before using it. Most gyms have anti-bacterial spray or wipes that are disposal and easy to use. After your workout, make sure that you wash your hands thoroughly and avoid contact to your face before, during and after your workout.
According to the Center of Disease Control. . .
2. AVOID CLOSE CONTACT. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. No problem, right? Well, there are those that still come to the gym, work and school who don't believe they are that sick, so watch out and STAY AWAY!
3. STAY HOME WHEN SICK. If possible, stay home from work, school and the gym when you are sick. Your body is trying to fight off whatever it is you caught. Running or doing a high-impact workout will only make you weaker and lengthen your cold. So, stay away and remember everyone else will love you for it.
4. COVER YOUR MOUTH WHEN COUGHING AND SNEEZING. I know that many of us may not know when we are going to sneeze or cough but just in case carry some tissue in your back pocket at all times. A small pack of tissue from Target is about $1.20.
5. CLEAN YOUR HANDS. Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand rub. You can pick up a ton of those little "anti-bacterial" tubes from Target, Walmart or your local drug store for as little as $.99. Put one in your kids lunch boxes as well!
6. AVOID TOUCHING YOUR EYES, NOSE AND MOUTH. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touching his or her eyes, nose and mouth.
7. PRACTICE OTHER HEALTHY HABITS. Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food. Hmmm. . .really! Cool!
Please note: talk to your doctor about getting the flu shot. Everyone is different when it comes to their health. The flu shot can NOT prevent you from catching the common cold or a bronchial infection, so make sure you get the facts before getting the shot or letting your kids get the shot.
According to USA Today, this month 18 children under the age of 18 have died because of the seasonal flu and over 2200 people have been hospitalized with flu symptoms. Right now, it's time to listen to your doctor, let him/her take into consideration your health history and decide if the flu shot is for you.
Stay Happy, Strong and Fit!
Looking for a simple exercises you can do almost anywhere? My 3 n 1 Workouts are a perfect way to get moving and get in shape on your own. You will see results within a month if you pick 3 videos you like and do them consistently for 3-4 weeks. Find a plan or video at seenicrun.com/workout that will work for you and start moving now!
Absolutely free and if you have questions, look to your right and email me! Good luck!